Projectors are still a dream for many tech geeks. People want to enhance the experience of watching videos and movies, video games or throw slides and photos from mobiles to walls, but due to various misconceptions they often shy away from buying home theatre projectors.
Home theatre projectors are always the first choice when we want to display Blu-ray movies within the white walls of our house or want to intensify the gaming experience. All AV enthusiasts’ big dream of bringing home a projector most of the times stay hidden under curtains due to the seemingly difficult setup of projectors at home.
But not all of the home theatre projectors are difficult to set up or maintain and the cost is not significantly higher than TV. The Epson Home Cinema 5040ub 3LCD Home Theatre Projector is the best name that comes to the mind in this context!
About Epson Home Cinema 5040ub 3LCD Home Theatre Projector
The immersive images and colour-rich production of pictures make Epson Home Cinema 5040ub 3LCD Home Theatre Projector an exceptional and one of its own kinds. The projector is able to produce a premium level of resolution, colour, and contrast to let you enjoy the ultimate experience of entertainment. The pictures seem to come alive, thanks to the 4K Enhancement Technology which provides the viewers with an exceptional result.
With the help of 4K Enhancement Technology, the projector is able to play 4K Ultra High Definition content or can enrich the non-4K content. The latest 3LCD, the 3-Chip design lets the audience enjoy the pictures without the annoying rainbow effect, white segment or colour wheel.
FYI: Bestolin.com has some great projector reviews on their site. We are a great fan of Andrew. You may click here to know more about projectors. They have also made Epson 5040ub as one of the best home theatre projectors.
The Lab* Ultra wide colour Gamut and HDR10 technology and pixel quality make the movies look marvellous. With all of these high quality features the Epson Home Cinema 5040ub 3LCD Home Theatre Projector also enhances the movie watching experience through maintaining balance in colour brightness, an UltraBlack contrast ratio up to 1,000,000:1 and 2500 lumens equal white/colour brightness. The details are clearly visible in dark and bright both scenes with the help of its dynamic contrast ratio. The clarity provides with its 16 piece glass lens is stunning. The projector assists HDCP 2.2 to accept 4K content with accurately immersive scenes.
Quick specs –
- Model: Home Cinema 5040ub
- Projection Process: Epson 3LCD, 3chip optic engine
- Product Dimension: 52.1 * 45 * 19.3 cm
- Screen Size: 17.7 inches
- Batteries Included: NO
- Need Batteries: NO
- Native Design: 1080p (1920 * 1080) with 4K enhancement
- White Brightness: 2500 lumens
- Colour Brightness: 2500 lumens
What makes the Epson Home Cinema 5040ub 3LCD Home Theatre Projector quite famous among the buyers?
Till a few years ago, Sony had complete grip over the home projector market. However, with enhanced technology, Epson is able to win over the hearts of the movie buffs and game lovers. The low-cost range and quality experience are the reasons of Epson’s high market turnover. Each pixel gets shifted diagonally due to 4K Enhancement Technology into double Full HD resolution. Full HD in 3D Mode is known as Resolution.
Things You Need to Know
- Selected devices are able to enjoy the high-resolution HDR performance.
- Only Digital Cinema Mode will let you enjoy the DCI colour entirely.
- White brightness and colour brightness may vary based on the usage amount and condition of the system. White light output is generally measured with ISO 21118. Colour light output gets measured with IDMS 15:4
- The Lamp life of the device usually varies based on the mode you are selecting or using, usage and environmental condition. The brightness of the Lamp reduces with time.
- Speakers are not attached to the projector
- The projector can turn into a hot and loud mess with overuse
- The profile is quite big and bulky
The images that the projector produces are very rich and soothing to the eyes. The gaming performance will not disappoint you if the Epson is running on a console. You will enjoy both the online and offline gaming performance. The user interface is quite similar to the previous PowerLite 1440.
Overall, the experience is quite worthy of the price you are paying for the device.