Whenever I think about the mechanical hard disk drives, I feel it could be…
- Innovative V-Nand Technology: Powered by Samsung V-NAND Technology, the 860 EVO SSD offers optimized performance for everyday computing as well as rendering large-sized 4K videos and 3D data used by the latest applications
- Enhanced read write speeds: Sequential read and write performance levels of up to 550MB/s and 520MB/s, respectively
- Secure encryption: Protect data by selecting security options, including AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption compliant with TCG Opal and IEEE 1670
- Warranty and compatibility: 5-year limited warranty; Windows 8/Windows 7/Windows Server 2003 (32 bit and 64 bit), Vista (SP1 and above), XP (SP2 and above), MAC OSX and Linux
- Included contents: 2.5 inches (7 millimeter) SATA 3 (6 Gb/s) SSD & user manual (All other cables, screws, brackets not included); Reliability (MTBF): 1.5 Million Hours Reliability (MTBF)
Then, there came the SSDs (Solid State Drives) to fulfill my needs.
I was looking for the best SSD for my desktop.
Surprisingly, I have found Samsung 860 EVO as the top class SSD comparing to others.
I am an experienced user of the MZ-76E500B/AM SSD from Samsung. I am talking about this one in this short article.
Things You Get
SSDs are popular for their superb fast data rendering. Samsung is indeed a class manufacturer to create such internal SSD like 860 EVO. This reliable portable hard drive works with all standard desktops and laptops. V-NAND technology of this SSD helps to grab your attention of doing multi-tasking.
The TurboWrite technology makes the SSD to read the data at up to 550MB per second and write at up 520 MB per second. Again, the buffer size also increased to 78 GB from 12 GB. This is the reason to continue tons of workloads. I use 500 GB MZ-76E500B/AM SSD with which I get 22 GB TurboWrite buffer size.
The previous model 850 EVO had lesser (8x) TBW than this model. 860 EVO offers at least 300 TBW for powerful performance. I had fear to store large sized 4K videos, 3D data because of ordinary SSDs. But I can assure you Samsung has thought about this problem. The boosted endurance can make your data always ready to read and write whenever you need.
860 EVO SSD comes in 5 different capacity sizes. You can choose the desirable capacity sized SSD from 250 GB to 4TB. This best SSD for laptops contains refined error correction code and MJX controller system. This is the reason to work faster than other SSDs. This hard drive is superbly compatible with Linux operating system.
- Capacity: 250GB, 500GB, 1TB, 2TB and 4TB.
- Interface: SATA 6Gb/s.
- Sequential read: 550 MB/s.
- Sequential write: 520 MB/s.
- Random read: 98K IOPS.
- Random write: 90K IOPS.
- NAND: Samsung V NAND.
- Controller: Samsung MJX.
- Cache memory: 512MB DDR (250GB, 500GB).
- Max power consumption: 4W.
- Endurance: 300 TBW (500GB).
- 5 million hours of reliability.
These are the positive and negative sides of Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD:
- Faster, consistent, lightweight, small size SSD.
- Satisfactory endurance rating.
- Low power consumption.
- TurboWrite technology for error-free service.
- MJX controller system for smart control.
- AES 256-bit hardware encryption for secure data storage.
- No NVMe support.
Perhaps you may have still some questions about this effective hard drive. These can be a few of them:
I have a late 2011 MacBook Pro, and it works great. It did crash once randomly though.
Yes, it is Windows 10 compatible. The Magician software is a free download from Samsung’s site whether it comes with a hard copy or not.
Last but not the least, I have rarely seen such kind of SSDs like Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD.
If you are searching for something that can increase your deftness in computing, you should select it. This is an absolutely great kit at a reasonable price, undoubtedly.