|Western Digital 8TB WD Red Pro NAS Internal Hard Drive HDD - 7200 RPM, SATA 6 Gb/s, CMR, 256 MB...||Check Price Now|
Years ago, people used the mechanical hard disk drives for storing the data. They considered these drives as fast and dependable computer kits. But now the concept has changed. The Network Attached Storage (NAS) and digital Network Video Recorder (NVR) have fulfilled the demand of powerful, secure and faster hard drives. Western Digital (WD) is a big name to produce such kind of hard disk drives. This article showcases WD40EFRX hard drive review including its specs, advantages, and disadvantages.
- 7200RPM performance class
- Available in capacities ranging from 2-14TB with support for up to 24 bays
- Supports up to 300 TB/yr workload rate* | * Workload Rate is defined as the amount of user data transferred to or from the hard drive. Workload Rate is annualized (TB transferred ✕ (8760 / recorded power-on hours))
- Enhanced reliability with 3D Active Balance Plus technology and error recovery controls with NASware 3.0 technology
- Extended drive testing to ensure each drive is tested for extended reliable operation
- 5-year limited warranty
WD Red 4TB NAS hard disk is incredibly designed to perform with NAS System. This hard drive has strong capability to serve you 24/7 continuous service. It has an MTBF of up to 1 million hours with 180TB/yr. workload rate. So, you can run the device all the day with reliable 33% more raw storage.
This best hard drive for NASware firmware comes with 3.5” form factor with a 6Gb/s SATA interface. WD 4TB NAS hard drive has exclusive 64MB cache. The Intellipower low power spindle with 5400 RPM provides the lower consumption of electricity or energy for saving your money. Whether you are using this hard drive at your home, office or big enterprises, you get the best from it. You can transfer data at 150 MB per second.
Another feature named 3D Active Balance Plus is also a great part of this top quality NAS hard drive. This dual-plane balance control technology helps to increase the capability of the item by balancing drive performance with vibration reduction. Nothing to worry about noise and energy uses. The SMART command set, error recovery tools are very much assistive to monitor the performance and reliability.
- Model number: WD40EFRX.
- Interface: SATA 6 Gb/s.
- Formatted capacity: 4TB.
- Form factor: 3.5-inch.
- Advanced Format (AF): Yes.
- RoHS Compliant: Yes.
- Data transfer rate (max).
- Interface speed: 6 Gb/s.
- Internal transfer rate: 150 MB/s.
- Cache (MB): 64.
- Rotational speed (RPM): IntelliPower.
- Load/unload cycles: 300,000.
- Non-recoverable read errors per bits read: <1 in 1014.
- MTBF (hours): 1,000,000.
- NAS compatibility with up to 8 bays.
- Low power consumption.
- High efficiency with reliability.
- The bigger rate of data transfer.
- 24/7 quality service.
- Perfect for home and business use.
- Advanced error correction.
- Faster RAID rebuilds.
- Lower temperature.
- Money saving device.
- Some users found less reliable for long-term application.
Here are some frequently asked questions about WD RED 4TB hard drive:
Question: Can you use this drive as media storage in an HTPC but not necessarily in a NAS/Server configuration?
Answer: It could be used but you’re probably paying for some features that you don’t need. I’d save a couple bucks and get the green or blue.
Question: how long is the warranty?
Answer: Three years. I had one fail on me and the exchange is handled through a website and went very smoothly. Register your drive on their website when you get it, and that helps a lot.
Comparing WD40EFRX NAS hard drive with other ordinary items will amaze you at every point. You can check out the customer satisfaction too. The superb speed of the hard drive, faster error correction, low power consumption etc. all have made this as the best NAS hard drive for computers. Nothing to worry as this hard drive will support your business or home computing 24/7 without stopping.