One of the significant issues ad partners and brands face is ad fraudulence.
$65 billion is the estimated cost of ad fraud worldwide.
this is a significant problem faced by many.
there are many tools and techniques currently in use that help in reducing such fraud.
One of the popular tools used by the ad partners and publishers of ads is; insertion order.
These orders are a big part of the website monetization process, which helps keep track of the agreement between the ad partner and publisher.
Let’s learn more about IO, why it matters, and some best practices.
What Are Insertion Orders?
Insertion orders are a manually drafted agreement between two parties involved in an ad proposal.
This IO is proof of a deal that specifies the details of the promised inventory for running ads. An IO helps in finalizing the inventory selling process.
An IO contains all the details of the ad proposal like:
- Campaign details ( name, start, and end date)
- Details of the publisher and advertiser
- Ad details (dimensions, number, color, size, positioning)
- Target audience
- Reporting details and frequency
You May Like:
Why Does IO Matter?
Some of the reasons why IO are beneficial in the website monetization process are:
- Contain details: IOs contain the deal details between the publisher and the advertiser. It includes dates, ad dimensions, pricing, etc. Having the details on paper helps lower the chances of any conflict between the parties.
- Lesser ad fraud: This one-on-one agreement involves manual dealing between the parties. Therefore, there is less chance of any fraudulence and automated bot-related nuisance.
- Better teamwork: When both the parties along the agencies discuss the agreement together, there is significant teamwork involved. Teamwork and proper discussion of expectations allow better alignment of the goals.
- Customizable: The IOs are created manually without any automation, and they are customizable. You can negotiate the terms of IO. And arrive at a mutual agreement to make changes in the IO.
- Assurance of the deal: the deal is assured and confirmed when there is an IO. It acts as written proof of the agreements that both parties must abide by.
- Rapport building: You can build a positive rapport with the advertiser. When an IO is specified, the advertiser and you will fall into a mutually beneficial alliance. It helps in building long-term industry relations.
There is a chance of discrepancies and sudden changes happening in the digital space. It is why following some best practices while creating an IO is crucial.
- Point of contact– Make sure that the point of contact with the advertiser is legitimate. There should be no confusion, and all the factors should be pre-discussed.
- Proper delivery: The publisher must maintain the terms of the agreement. The publisher should keep in mind the possible deviations. And they should find alternatives to deliver the agreed traffic.
- Backups: IOs are agreements of proof to the deal between the advertiser and the publisher. Therefore, it is imperative to have a backup of the agreements at any point in time.
IO agreements can help lower the fraudulence rate in ad proposals. It is also one of the simplest ways to maintain clarity between the publisher and advertiser to reach a common goal.
TAKE A BREATH
Comments your view.
No one becomes poor by sharing!!! share knowledge… share it…
Leave a Reply