These days life in social media is much brighter than the real one. Relationships, any kind of commotions, big announcements. All happen there. So, there is no wonder that social media has a significant impact on education as well. Social bridges for parents, teachers and students, information and ideas sourcing, platform for interaction and skills developments, e-class tools, social media can be used to enhance e-learning in various ways. Look closer at the possibilities and options social media can grant you with as a student, teacher, or parent in the measures of online educational process and gather as much benefits as possible.
Communication & Cooperation
Whether there is a group project or an individual task to be done along with the consultation need, social media can serve as a perfect communication and collaboration tool. Here are some ideas how to get the use of it properly:
- Forum/group – perfect for group works for students to communicate and collaborate inside small groups and for teacher to administer them; also suitable for a teacher to administer the whole class: teacher can provide some general information, announcements, answer FAQs, provide help and guidelines for studying process; besides, students can reach the information any time and do it repeatedly;
- Messenger/chat – intended for personalized communication with teacher and other students to deal with homework assignments, receive customized approach, reach teacher anytime and anywhere;
- Audiocalls – makes it possible to make e-learning process more true-to-life, enables instant communication and cooperation with files and screen sharing;
- E-mail subscription – teachers can use e-mail subscription to automatize homework and project assigning processes, announcement, guidelines and useful material sharing. As well as collecting homework via email will be a good option.
These are just several examples of social media use to enhance communication and collaboration during educational processes. Both teachers and students can go further and adjust digital means to make their e-learning as comfortable as possible.
Source of Information and Assistance
We are lucky not to get stuck in the libraries while looking for a necessary information or waiting for weeks for a professor to have a free hour to give us assistance. Now, everything that and even more can be found on the internet, on social media platforms. No matter what you are looking for. A recently published textbook, case study writing service, assistance with a scientific project. You only need to write a post and share it with your friends and friends of your friends. You will be surprised how even strangers are ready to help you. The difference is that you won’t come up to a passer-by in the street asking for help with your homework. But with social media, you need only to share your issue, and specialists in the specific field will be there to help you or grant you with needed information, frequently completely for free.
Parents are usually too busy to get involved in the educational process more than they are obliged to. It often happens that parents have a wish or possibility to improve or donate financially or in any other way to the educational process. With social media, it all becomes easier and more accessible. Parents can receive notifications on the email or follow the feed to keep up with the education-related news or announcements addressed directly to parents. This way parents will have a chance and feel the duty to get involved in the educational process in a way they are able to.
Students easily get bored with the same-patterned learning process and lose motivation to gain new knowledge and skills. So, why not combine the educational process with the things students are fond of. Social media platforms are a great place to practice educational skills. Look at the things you can excel with the help of social media:
- Reading – young people may not read books these days. But they read posts and newsfeed quite a lot. For younger students, it can become a great possibility to enhance reading and general literacy skills, but the content is to be qualitative;
- Writing – writing posts is a great exercise to polish writing skills in general; since the audience on social media platforms is quite a picky one, so that students have to pay decent attention to grammar and spelling check; besides writing blogs or posts will also add to creative writing skills.
- General knowledge – reading posts and following the newsfeed, students get educated on the general topics. It is recommended for teachers to encourage students to get subscribed and follow the specialists of different fields to get access to high-quality content online.
If you are after good things on the internet you will certainly find them. Social media can become your personal educator and add benefits to your leisure online.
The major advantage is that social media makes learning accessible to all students no matter the distance, social background, or epidemic situation. With chats, messengers, audio and video calls, and all the attached tools for sharing content, e-learning becomes reachable for everyone. In addition, interactive technological tools, make the online learning process more up-to-date, inspirational, and fruitful than any other options.
TAKE A BREATH
Comments your view.
No one becomes poor by sharing!!! share knowledge… share it…